So Devan and I were asked to show up to church 15 minutes early yesterday to meet with one of the bishopric. We knew right there that it was a calling. We got there and they gave us the calling of Dry Pack Canning Specialists of our ward. Needless to say, we feel VERY unqualified since we've never even done one thing towards canning in our lives. Lol. So I am needing help! Any cool ideas would be amazing if sent our way. We need ideas on getting people excited for canning and stuff like that. Anything would be greatly appreciated! Wish us luck!
1 comment:
Ahh Dry Pack Canning... You'll guys will have so much fun! (And no, that wasn't sarcastic lol... I quite enjoyed bossing people around and putting my OCD/organizational skills to use!) Umm...ideas? Hmm...maybe you could ask the YW or Activity Days leaders to do a craft/service project for you? I tried this in Activity Days but I think it would've worked better in YW since they're older and, well, a little more coordinated ;) I had them make gift bags stuffed with samples of foods you'd find at the cannery, copies of food storage recipes, and little reminders of the next cannery date. Ya know...something cute they could bring home and show their parents or give to other people.
Good luck with your calling! :)
Post a Comment