Thursday, August 12, 2010

Lilly 4 Months

Okay, so here is another catch-up post about Lilly! She turned 4 months on July 20. She rolled over at 3+ months and now she can roll over either way. When she first learned, she could only roll from her back to her right side to get on her belly. But now she can roll left or right! She is also getting pretty grumpy when I leave the room now. It's cute, but I'm not a fan of it really. :) One Sunday, Devan and I had to speak in church, and I also lead the music, so this girl (about my age...maybe a year or two younger) wanted to hold Lilly for us. Lilly isn't really used to strangers...she'll smile her face off at them, but she hasn't been really held by them a lot. I told Karalee she could hold her but it might be interesting. Well, by the time the first speaker started, Lilly got crabby and had to be taken out of the room. By the time I spoke, Karalee hadn't brought her back in yet, so I just figured she was walking around with her. Apparently everyone could hear Lilly just screaming bloody murder, but I couldn't hear her. I guess that was a good thing, because I wouldn't have been able to give much of a good talk. After my talk, I led the intermediate hymn, and sat down. Someone had to come up and get me and tell me Lilly needed me. I went out in the hall and poor Lilly was hysterical and just sobbing. I felt so bad!!!!!!!! And to top it off, Karalee found a bink in the diaper bag, but it was the wrong one that Lilly doesn't like (not even sure why we had it in there) and was trying to get her to take it, which was making her even more mad. I felt really bad. But now we know Lilly is very wary of strangers... ugh.

More things Lilly does:

- she can scoot a little on her belly, but not far before she screams. lol.
- she can rotate on her belly in a complete circle.
- she is starting to laugh!! The other day, I had her on her back on the floor and I was making goofy faces at her and biting her belly, and she was just screaming with laughter! That is the first time I've gotten her to really laugh, so it just made my heart melt!
- she loves talking to family on Skype or messenger on the computer. She'll grin and burble at people talking to her.
- she smiles at other babies, Angus, and even her own pictures.
- getting very very interested in toys and such.
- she loves her baths!
- she has discovered her tongue, and loves to stick it out at people.
- she's also discovered spitting. She'll spit all over! And drools buckets.
- Since turning 4 months, she also loves to bite everything as hard as she can...and sometimes it can really hurt!
- just the other day, she sat up on her own! i had the boppy pillow around her, but she wasn't using it for support like she normally does. Just like that! It was crazy.

Some pictures...


YAWN!!!!!!!


Sitting up!


I love Daddy!


Big smile!


Getting mad... and letting me know!!!!


Spitting!!!!!!!

4 comments:

Destiny said...

How adorable is she?! Too cute! So Steven and I had to speak on the same Sunday, too. When they asked us I thought it was completely retarded to have us do it on the same day! Luckily his parents came and took Claire, but really I think that's so dumb. Poor Lilly! Or poor girl trying to hold her during your talk :)

Nick & Lindi said...

wow... she is getting so big and doing so much!! Shes so cute!! That story about talking in sacrament makes you wana cry... the poor thing. :( miss you guys

Trevor & Andrea said...

Holy cow she is CUTE! I love that she laughs and spits :) what a sweetie ;)! awe miss you guys! Sorry to hear about sacrament

Anonymous said...

And I am SO GRATEFUL for my webcam, so I can see Lilly (and you and Dev, of course!Oh, and Angus). You are so far away, and it helps so much to be able to see you on a regular basis. And I love, love, love it that she smiles at me!