Tuesday, April 20, 2010

1 Month?!

Okay, seriously, I can't believe it's been a month. Lilly had to get an ultrasound done on her hips today at the request of our pediatrician. She suggested it because apparently, bigger babies have a bigger risk of hip problems. I'll just leave it at that. I don't really understand it that much...something about them not fitting right in the womb and they could be uneven? Something to that effect. HA. But Lilly did NOT like it. First of all, I fed her right before her appt at 3pm. They didn't even get us in there until 4:30. And by that point she was screaming... she was a perfect DOLL when we got there... and was soooo patient for over an hour. Then at about 4:15 she decided she'd had enough. THEN the people there who were doing the ultrasound didn't know how to work their new machine they'd just gotten a few weeks earlier. They had Lilly naked laying on the bed with the goop on her hip trying to get good pictures and trying to figure out how to work the measurements. I felt so bad. She was just screaming and sucking on her fists and it made me very very anxious. Poor thing was traumatized! Then, she finally fell asleep, which was GREAT because since waking up that morning around 10ish, she hadn't fallen back asleep all day. So she really needed sleep. One of the techs decides he doesn't like the way she's laying, so he wiggles her and wakes her up and she was jerked out of sleep and started screaming even worse. I felt so bad. All in all, they thought her hips looked fine... although they'd still probably call for a follow-up... Ugh, dang medical people sometimes.

Anyway, Lilly is such a joy in our lives! We just love every minute of her.

She woke up with crazy hair this morning...




She has dad's crazy hair...


Lilly at the hospital.

1 comment:

Scotty&Chelsey said...

She is adorable! glad everything is going good! :)