Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happy Mother's Day!

Wow, I can't believe that I get to actually participate in this holiday now! It's just a crazy thought to me! I just want to tell my mom how much I appreciate her and all the things she has done for me.



I now know, being a mom myself, how hard and wonderful raising a child is! Even though Lilly isn't that old yet, I can't even imagine my life without her, and I love watching her grow and progress every day. I'm so grateful to be a mother!

Today, I decided to dress Lilly in a really pretty dress that Andrea and her family gave us for my baby shower. She looked sooo pretty! I went to the first class and Lilly decided she was hungry, so luckily I had pumped a bottle before we left this morning. I grabbed it out of my diaper bag and gave it to her. She grabbed it hungrily and started eating away! Now, she normally doesn't drool that much when she drinks from a bottle, but today it was HORRIBLE! She was drooling everywhere! And all down the front of her pretty dress! So I grabbed my nursing cover, because I had forgotten her spit rag at home. I stuck it under her chin and that section was totally soaked in seconds. So my friend sitting next to me had some cloth diapers in her bag and let me use one since it's a lot more absorbent. It worked! Yay! So she finished eating, and I sat her up and she burped a nice, big burp for everyone to hear. Oh, and while she was eating, she tooted and decided to do #2. It was nice and loud...and squishy-sounding. Lol. So I was getting ready to go change her and she spit up ALL over her dress! She NEVER spits up that much, if ever! Her spit-ups are like a tiny drool with some spit up in it... nothing compared to this! So I took her to the bathroom and cleaned her all up. We WERE going to take a picture of her before church, but I figured we could take one after.... but she had spit up all down the front of her nice dress. Of course she couldn't do this in any of her other less fancy dresses! haha... oh well!





Happy Mother's Day everyone!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the Mother's Day wishes! But I COULD have done without the "graphic" description of her spit-ups:) Hahaha!