And here is a picture of the baby's foot...It's upside down so you can see it better...

The ultrasound didn't go so well for us... We got there and I honestly thought I was going to pee my pants. They wanted me to drink 32 oz of liquid finished an hour before the ultrasound, and my bladder was so full it felt like it was going to burst. I got in there and the technician lady was like, WHOA you DO have a full bladder! Devan said that the baby was totally balled up in the corner of the screen and all you could see was my bladder. lol. So the lady took a few measurements and then let me go to the bathroom. I felt SO much better after that! So then, she sat there for the next 30 minutes or more and took all these measurements of the baby, but she never said a word to me, and never even turned the screen towards me so I could see what was happening. So Devan tried to get her to talk a bit by asking her questions, and she'd answer him with one word, like "Yep." Soooo yeah I was totally bummed out. And she also knew that this was my first ultrasound of this kind, and I just felt that she could have at least tried to act a little excited for me or tell me what was going on. So finally at the very end she turned the screen towards me and says, "Well, I am not really sure what to tell you...I WANT to say it is a girl, but at this stage, you can mistake one for the other very easily. The boys could be very under developed at this stage and pass for girls, and a girl could be very over developed and pass for a boy. So yeah, I WANT to say a girl, but I really wouldn't go by that." So later, I asked her when I would be able to find out what it was, and she said, "Well I've already taken all the measurements and info I need, so I guess your doc will have to figure that out for you." She didn't even CARE! I was ticked. I am not sure how these ultrasound appointments are supposed to go, but I thought she was quite rude. So I guess we'll have to wait until the 5th of November and see if my doc can figure out what we're having. :( Cross your fingers that HE'LL hopefully figure it out... :)

12 comments:
How rude! i would have been alittle upset too! that makes me mad! They should be alittle more excited! Well hopefully your doc will figure it out good luck to you and your little family :)
oh that is not fun...when we went the lady was so nice and she was excited for us!! what a bummer..you hold her down and i will kick her...jk :)
Aw I'm so sorry for your ultrasound experience! Sounds like she should be fired lol! Hopefully all will work out for ya!
Ooo... look at your precious belly! It's so weird to see you like that! :) But it's so good too!! I just can't believe everyones married and having babies!! WOW!! You look good! :) Sorry to hear about your doc appointment. I was hoping to find out SOON what you were having also! Now I'll have to wait till the 5th! :(
SO SUCKY!!! Not only that you didn't leave with a "good guess" of the sex but the tech was a raunch!! For your first kid!!!! So sorry! Good luck!
well I think it should be a girl!! They are so much fun :) I am sure boys are just as much fun but I am a little prejudice because I have a girl!! and don't people know that if anybody they should be the most sincere w/ pregnant women..
That doesnt sound like a very good experience. I dunno though, the movies play it more... but maybe real life is dif.
Sorry friend
If there is one thing I have learned, is that it is your pregnancy. Be a little more aggressive. Just because they are doctors doesn't mean they know everything. Get them to tell you whats going on ask for things. Tell them what you want. If they are good docs and what not they will do their best to help you. You can get a new doc if insurance and all that allow you but make sure you are comfortable with everyone. They see so many people that they become impersonal. The ultra sound tec we had was so awesome. ONe of the docs I had was kind of mean so I asked for a different one!! It is all up to you!! Don't be shy like i was! With my first i had to ask how she was in my belly around 36 weeks, and they were like oh nobody has told you that? we ended up having a c section for no reason at all!
sorry so long!
your dog is sooo cute!
Debanee
Wow, that makes me mad! Sorry you had such a bad appointment. They are supposed to be a little bit happy for you- I mean they do it all day, you would think they know better than to be mean- hang in there!
hmmm so i wrote this huge long comment and for some reason it didn't make it......rude! anyway i was just rambling on about how it is your pregnancy and those docs and ult/s techs can get very impersonal. They see so many people. Which is no excuse but still happens. That is one thing I had to learn is that you have to speak up for the things you want. You have to tell the docs what you want, if they don't try their hardest to help you then they are not worth having. Just because they are docs doesn't mean they know everything! With austy I had to ask how she was around 36 weeks and they were like oh they havent checked yet? she was breech, long story short we had a c section for no reason. So my point in all this is that if you can find people who are going to help you and that you feel comfortable with. Don't let them push you around! anyway that is my two cents worth, because I would be mad too and for very good reason. This is your special time they should make you feel that way!!
oh i just saw that above comment about owner approval, maybe that is why, sorry if it was that!
So sorry you didn't have a good experience with the ultrasound. :( I have had many - most of the time they went pretty well! How disappointing! I hope your doctor will be able to tell. So fun to know what you are having so you can get ready!!! And your belly is really cute! :)
Post a Comment