Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Need Opinions...

So we're looking into buying a car seat. I think I've decided on the Graco brand... probably a SnugRide, BUT they have the snugride 32 that has the child rear-facing up to 32 lbs and 32 inches. The regular Graco snugrides hold the child up to 22 lbs. A lot of the reviews on the 32 say that it's kind of bulky, and heavy... I'm just curious as to what other people have done? I'm guessing that the one that goes to 22 lbs is much lighter, but as far as up to 32 lbs...do we need it to last that long? Will the child WANT to be rear-facing that long? I'm probably just being weird...lol. :) But I like opinions!

Thanks!

8 comments:

Destiny said...

We got the Snugride 32. It doesn't seem too bulky to me, but then again there's no baby in it yet :) I liked that it was a little bit heavier(not too much) and that the baby will be rear facing for longer, makes me feel like she'll be safer I guess. We got the stroller/carseat travel system for a great deal at Walmart.com and had it shipped to the store to save on shipping! Good luck!

Kawanos said...

We have a graco travel system that came with the carseat and stroller..love it. Kids have to be rear facing until 20 lbs AND 1 year. If they are one but not the other they still have to be rear facing. Takara just turned 2 and she is 23 lbs. She is smaller than most but we had to bump her up to another carseat so the new one could use the graco. she sits forward now and those carseats are actually decently priced. Little side note, if you go to your center that offers WIC, Medicaid and all those programs there is a place where you can actually get a carseat for free!! They will make sure your carseat is properly installed in your vehicle and is safe for your baby or toddler! Good Luck and Congrats!

Anna Sweet said...

We like Graco, too :) Hmm...Aislin's only 25 lbs (and 17-months-old) but she's been in a toddler car seat since she was about 13 months. We waited until then because I wanted her to be properly weighed and measured, and to get the go ahead from her doctor before buying the forward-facing carseat...but she was ready for it before then. Dude, I'd go with the lighter one--you'll be carrying it everywhere and hoisting it up onto shopping carts!!

Misty said...

I would go with the smaller one. It may not SEEM that much heavier, but when you are toting a kid around in it everywhere that extra weight is awful! Supposedly the weight thing is that your child SHOULD triple their birthrate by age one. I have one that was a little heavier and one that is almost two and just now getting to that point, lol. Both of mine were definitely ready to face forward by the time they were a year old and then the forward facing seats are pretty inexpensive depending on what you get.

Misty said...

Ha... just realized I typed triple the birthrate, instead of weight! I'm an idiot! lol.

jsmbbaker said...

I would go with the smaller one cause they will want to face forward as soon as possible! At least my kids did. It's also nice to have one that doesn't have to lay down as much. Good luck!

lacey bassett said...

personaly i would just get the regular snug ride. because if she gets to be 32 pounds you are not going to be wanting to lug her around in that!! what you can do is get the next car seat up (after she is over the weight limit for this one) make it a rear and forward facing! But for now i would just stick with the regular!

angelahopkin said...

No, don't get the big one. Your baby isn't going to want to sit backwards till their 32 lbs. And it's to heavy... You'll hate toting that thing around. Just my opinion. :)