Sunday, December 27, 2009

Catching Up....

Oh wow, I haven't blogged really in a long time! There are lots of things that have happened and I'll probably just have to summarize in order to fit it all in without writing a book!

Well, Angus has been growing like a weed!!! He now weighs about 70 lbs and will turn 5 months old on the 28th (tomorrow). It's crazy how little he used to be! We WERE thinking he was pretty dang big, and then at puppy class last night, another guy brought in his great dane that was almost 8 months...wow!!! He was HUGE! He man-handled Angus and showed him who was boss (all just playing, of course!) Angus is used to being able to beat up on all the other puppies because none of them are as big as he is, but this dog definitely put a stop to that! Angus had a blast, and it was hilarious to watch! (I'll post the pics in a slide show at the end of the post.) Angus has one class next week and he graduates!! He's learned pretty well, and we're excited about how much he's learning!

Angus is ALSO in the middle of losing his puppy teeth. It is NOT a fun time. He drools twice as much as he usually does, which is a ton!!! He also has been trying to chew a lot on his bones and stuff, which is fine, but he drools blood alllll over my floor. Devan and I have been following him all over the house with our little Green Machine carpet vac....lol, it's a fun time. haha. So far, we have found 10 of his teeth around the house... It's nuts!!

We had to stay home for Christmas this year because Devan already took a lot of time off work for Thanksgiving. So we just had a nice, quiet Christmas here by ourselves! It was a nice day! We woke up after sleeping in, and went downstairs to open the little presents we actually had under the tree. We have been buying stuff all month and just dedicating it to Christmas presents. lol. We bought a lot of things that we have been needing for our home...first and foremost...BEDROOM FURNITURE! I couldn't handle our old mattress anymore that I got from my grandpa... So we finally bought a new mattress and bedroom furniture. We were so excited, and I have no more back problems! It's great! We also got some kitchen stuff, like a crock pot and stuff, and some pictures for our walls, some movies, tv seasons, stuff like that. For Christmas dinner, I cooked a big ol' ham and mashed potatoes and gravy, and Devan made Dana's awesome rolls we had at Thanksgiving. It was a great meal! On Christmas Eve, Dev brought a 1000 piece puzzle home and we put it together that night and Christmas Day. We did a great job! We thought it would NEVER end though...lol. We've decided we want that to be one of our traditions every year. AND we finally got to decorate our OWN place this year with lights!!! We hung up some Christmas lights around our stairs and some windows in our house. It wasn't much, but it was still fun! We'll continue to add more decorations to our stash. :)

We also made some Christmas Goodies plates and took them around to our neighbors we haven't met yet and also some people in our ward. It was so fun! We met a lot of really cool people that live near us, and we're excited to finally know some people! It was a lot of fun getting to meet everyone. I feel bad, because Devan is the baker of the family, so he pretty much made everything. He made some poppy seed muffins, caramel popcorn balls with pecans and cinnamon bears, pecan crunch, and cookies! The only thing I made was the glaze that goes on top of the poppy seed bread. lol.

I am currently 29 weeks...in the third trimester! I'm also starting to feel all the wonderful things people are saying about the third trimester. haha. Great ligament pain! Not fun. But I can honestly say I've had a dang good pregnancy so far, and I hope that it continues that way! We'll see though! Yesterday, we finally bought the final bedroom furniture for our little girl!!! I was surfing Craigslist around here, and I found a bedroom set that came with a crib, a changing table, and a cradle/bassinet. It is all cherry wood, came with all the pads/mattresses for it, and also came with the bedding for everything! The lady that sold it to us was sooo nice and generous! She gave us two extra fitted sheets, disposable changing pads...yeah, she was amazing. AND this stuff only had one baby use it. I was pretty excited!!!

Sorry this post was so long! And that we didn't really take a lot of pictures of Christmas time...opening presents and such. Oh well!

4 comments:

Peggy Fowler said...

Angus is HUGE! What were you thinking?? lol Seriously, he is going to be a monster. I am so glad you got the furniture...it is really nice. You did very well!

Scotty&Chelsey said...

The bed set!!! scotty and I are lookin to get a new one soooo excited lol and your baby girls room is going to look so good im so excited for you guys! :)

Shelly and Kellan said...

I love your new furniture! The baby stuff is so cute did you get a good deal? It sounds like you had fun!

Nick & Lindi said...

Sounds like you had a fun quiet Christmas! I agree with Peggy... your dog is huge!! ;) I hope he gets done loosing those teeth fast... doesn't sound like a ton of fun cleaning all that up. I LOVE your baby room furniture too!! The nursery is going to look so cute!!