To shorten this part of the story, we make it to Boise okay, but the car is whining and begging to be put down the whole trip!!! The faster I went (65-80mph) the more my car protested. I'm starting to get a funny feeling that this car might be on it's last leg. We get to Boise saturday and we don't drive it all weekend. We decide Monday morning to take it to a mechanic and see if it's really the transmission that is in trouble and see how much the cost would be. Transmissions are ridiculously expensive, so we knew if it WAS the tranny, then we'd be buying a new car.
Here, let me paint you a lovely picture of how this part went....
I get in my car with Devan. We pull out of my sister's place and start following her to the mechanic who is only a few blocks away. We go about three or four blocks and get to a stop sign so I slow to a stop and get ready to turn right. Another car pulls up to the stop sign at my left (four way stop) and motions me to go ahead, so I step on my gas........and nothing happens. I try again, thinking maybe I didn't push hard enough? Nope...nothin. So I sit there a good ten seconds trying to get the car to GO and realise this lady is still waiting for me to move! So I motion her to go. I try putting the car in park...nothing. Suddenly I look behind me and there's a car waiting there...so I motion them to go around me, trying to pretend to look busy like I'm looking for something so I don't look so stupid. My face is turning redder by the second and I'm soooo embarassed! I keep looking at Devan with this, HELP ME look, but he can't do jack since he knows less about cars than I do! I put the car in reverse and it moves! SCORE! So I start going in reverse to get out of the way and off the road....and see there's ANOTHER car behind me waiting to go, and I almost smash into it. Oops... I'm thwarted with every try! Laaaame. So I motion him to go around me as well. Isn't it funny how you think you can take a back road so no one sees you, and that ends up being the day that EVERYONE AND THEIR DOG uses that road?! What the?! Yeah.... basically, I had to have some lady from CarQuest who happened to be driving by, my sister, and Devan all push my car out of the way of traffic so I could park it on the side of the street. LAME! And I had people slowing to peer out their windows at me in disapproval for owning such a piece of junk....particularly this old BAG in a shiny nice car driving past me and glaring at me through her window. At this point, I wanted to show her my favorite hand gesture, but decided against it since it's not very nice, and I only do it to family members. Hee! :) So needless to say, we bought a new car today. Didn't know we were going to, but yeah...nice surprise! Here's the one picture I have of it so far, but I'll post more later.

So, here's my beauty! I love it!!! 2006 Nissan Maxima! What do ya think?!

8 comments:
Jealous! We've been looking for a new SUV and everyone we have looked at thus far. SUCKS! SO yeah for you guys, plus you were in Boise and that's a great place to find something! It is a beauty!
Thanks Carissa! I'm excited about my new car. YAY!
HA Like the car. We have had some shibby cars in our past, haven't we??? I loved the escort, don't get me wrong, but it only started 1/2 the time. Lame.
What fun for you:) Man..car problems are not fun..Love your new one:)
nice car! its tooo bad you had to get it under such an extreme situation
CUTE new car! I'm glad that you were at least able to get to Idaho safely! That could have been scary to be stranded. Man o man! How the heck are you? Haven't talked to you in forever... hope all is well! miss ya
Haha! Karabeth you are so funny! Kind of sounds like something that would happen to me!! Love your new car!! I want one too :)
I like the new look... when did you do it? ps... blog once and awhile would ya! o and I want your car... lets trade i will even throw in bart the antelope face :)
Post a Comment