Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Washington, Here We Come!!!!!!!

So Devan officially signed his papers yesterday to accept his job offer from the Shell Oil Company to work in the Puget Sound area in Washington. We are so excited to experience a brand new place to live in with tons of new people to meet. We've been trying to decide which town to live in from a list of three... Anacortes, which is a total tourist town and that really is a downer for us; Burlington, which we are pretty sure we will eventually live; and last but not least, Mount Vernon. We've been so excited, all we watch on TV is HGTV and looking at house tips and stuff like that. It's so funny. We won't be moving until around June, because Devan's job starts in July. So far, we've looked at a lot of houses online to try and get a feel for what the prices are for houses there. So far, so good! I mean, yeah, there are a few houses that are ridiculously priced, but there are a few gems, too! I've already found a house that I'm absolutely in LOVE with, but I'm just crossing my fingers and hoping that it's still on the market come June...which it probably won't be. But I'm still hoping!!! This is the house I love...LOVE IT! And it has a huge yard that I can put a big Great Dane in! Yay! (That's Dev's favorite part...pahaha). Anyway, yay! We're excited! And people can come visit us in Wonderful Washington!!! There's tons to do there...we've been looking it all up online.

On a side note....YAY FOR THE TWILIGHT MOVIE COMING OUT!!!!

Yes, I bought my tickets for the Thursday at midnight showing....because I'm a major geek who is in love with this book series....YAY FOR TWILIGHT GEEKS! WOOOO!

6 comments:

Trevor & Andrea said...

thanks for the encouraging yay for twlight geeks:) i am so glad i can be a recent addition to the disease! i like that house! way nice. i hope you get it:) i must say i am pretty jealous that you guys are able to settle down get a home and move beyond this school crap;) ahhhh... someday?!

Michaell & Madison said...

I love the house! and how fun to start looking for your first home! That will be a blast to live in washington! Good luck with EVERYTHING!

Lisa Brown said...

oh don't worry! i bought my ticket today as well for twilight and i have been dreaming of edward all week long!

Destiny said...

That's so exciting for you guys! Isn't looking for houses so much fun? We aren't moving to Powell until Steven graduates in 2010, but we look all the time. And HGTV is my fav, love it! Good luck with everything!

Nick & Lindi said...

That's awesome Beef! I'm glad that you're excited. Living far away from home defineatly has it's ups, but it also has it's down. I LOVE that house you're looking at. VERY CUTE!! See you at Christmas! :)

Greg Becky said...
This comment has been removed by the author.