Friday, November 21, 2008

Twilight Fanatics Should Be Bound And Gagged.

Okay, so I went to Twilight last night and my feelings on it were pretty bitter sweet.... First off, I was in a theater with what seemed like hundreds of giddy school girls who giggled at things that weren't even remotely funny through the WHOLE MOVIE! I'm not even kidding...at one point I wanted to turn around and punch one of the girls in the throat who was a little more retarded than the rest of the group. So this set my mood for the entire movie...sweet... That would be my annoyance #1... #2 would be the fact that I'm an idiot because I drank a ton of pop and juice for some reason like an hour before the movie, and it alllll caught up to me about halfway through the show. Suddenly it felt like there's a little midget man jumping up and down on my swollen bladder. I tried my hardest to ignore it, but I couldn't!! I really didn't want to miss any key parts in the movie, and I seriously considered pulling a Dumb and Dumber with my empty cup from our pop sitting next to me; but I finally just gave up and took off to the bathroom! Annoyance #3... the fact that the movie kinda left out some of my favorite parts in the book. But I do understand that the movie is never as good as the book and doesn't always follow it so closely...but still, the parts I was sad and lonesome for should have been in there, dang it! Because I am important and my opinions MATTER! lol. BUT on a better note, I was very happy with Edward (Robert Pattinson)'s performance. I thought he was great!
Overall, I liked the movie. I would say that it was good, but could've been a bit better. Hopefully the sequel is even better!!! YAY FOR MORE MOVIES! WOOO! Let me know what you guys think about it! Yay for Twilight!!!!!

5 comments:

Lisa Brown said...

haha. I went to the midnight premiere as well and my friends and i felt a little old to be there...and we were wonderig what soe parents were thinking letting their teeny boppers read those books! i wouldn't let my kid read them until 15-16. I LOVE LOVE LOVED the movie though...but like you said....never as good as the book!

Teri said...

That's too bad that your Twilight experience wasn't as good as you hoped. (I had a similiar experience with a midnight showing of Harry Potter...it involved giggly girls behind me and a couple of GUYS making out in front of us...I think that was a little worse for Justin than me. haha ;)
When I went to Twilight the theater was closed and there were about 15 people watching it, so that was great. I too thought there were things I would have liked to see in the movie, but they weren't. I decided you just have to go and watch and pretend there never was a book.
...I hope you enjoyed my novel. haha

Trevor & Andrea said...

HAHAHA SO TRUE!!! love it you cracker

Trevor & Andrea said...

ps... edward is beautiful;)

nina said...

I agree with you. I was surrounded by total idiots too. They were saying "shhhh!!!" when the movie was about to start, then they started yelling "kiss her, kiss her!", then they broke out in applause everytime they kissed. I was like....please! Anyway, I liked the movie, but I have to agree about the retarded audience.